Roadshow Photography Competition
A new addition to the Roadshow is the launch of our photography competition. The theme for Durban and Johannesburg is portraiture (Cape Town to be announced closer to the time). Entrants will be city based, which means each city will have its own winner. All you need to do is send your best portrait shot to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in Durban, and email@example.com if you are in Johannesburg, with your name, surname and contact details. Please make sure entries are 3mb or smaller. From all the entries submitted our panel will select 25 finalists. These finalists will need to send us high resolution versions of their images, which will then be printed out and displayed at the Roadshow.
The top 3 winners will be announced at the Roadshow and they'll be walking away with some great prizes. The basic rules for this competition are that your image needs to be shot on a Canon camera and only one entry per person. So get that camera out and start shooting.
Terms and Conditions
- The Canon South Africa Roadshow(Roadshow) Photography Competition (the "Competition") is only open to photographers based in South Africa. 25 finalists will be selected for both the Durban and Johannesburg Competitions.
- Entries open on 22 March for Durban and 29 March for Johannesburg, and will close on 30 April at midnight for Durban and 7 May at midnight for Johannesburg. Late entries will not be taken into consideration.
- The theme for Durban and Johannesburg is "Portraiture" and only photographs matching the theme will be accepted for consideration and judging.
- The image submitted must be your own work.
- Your image needs to be shot on a Canon camera.
- Strictly one entry per person.
- Photographs must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are entering the Durban competition, and email@example.com if you are entering the Johannesburg competition.
- Include your name, surname and contact details.
- Please make sure entries are 3mb or smaller.
- From all the entries submitted our panel will select 25 finalists per city.
- These finalists must then send us high resolution versions of their images, which will then be printed out and displayed at the respective Roadshow.
- The top 3 winners will be announced at the respective Roadshow and will receive prizes as follows:
- First place will receive a Canon EOS 6D Mark II with 24-70mm f/4 lens + ICASA valued at R 37,000.
- Second place will receive a Canon EOS 80D with 18-135mm IS USM Lens + ICASA valued at R 23,000.
- Third place will receive a Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III + ICASA valued at R 18,000.
- Winners shall use the prize at their own risk. Canon South Africa and its agents shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using this prize.
- Any expense/s which may result from the possession of and/or use of the prize/s is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Organisers accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or any late, lost or corrupted entries. Canon South Africa and their agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any consequences of user error.
- The Organiser and its agents shall not be liable for any damage caused to prizes as a result of delivery or dispatch, nor shall they be responsible for any malfunctions or breakages of any prize, once delivery has been taken thereof. Canon South Africa shall further not be held responsible for any accident, injury, harm or loss due to the acceptance, possession, ownership or use of the prize without limitation and an indemnified from any claims that may arise from any participants or winners of this competition or their replacements.
- By entering the competition, you agree to allow Canon South Africa make use of your images for marketing purposes. Winners may be required to have their details and winning photograph used for marketing purposes as deemed appropriate by Canon South Africa.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens except directors, members, partners, employees, agents, service providers and consultants of Canon South Africa as well as their spouses, life partners, immediate family members, business partners and associates (hereinafter referred to as "The Organisers").
- By entering the competition, you accept these terms and conditions.
- Should any of the winners be found not to have complied with these rules, he/she may be automatically disqualified.
- The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Canon South Africa and its agents will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from the competition or prizes awarded. The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Canon South Africa and its agents reserve the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances out of their control should arise.